Krost Shuttle Racking
Is a great option for high density storage if you have large volumes of pallets per stock keeping unit (SKU). Lanes of up to 50 pallets in depth can be stored in a First In, First Out (FIFO) and First In, Last Out (FILO) configuration.
The remote-controlled shuttles carry goods in and out of deep storage tunnels, leaving your operators free to perform other tasks. When you need to relocate the shuttle from one lane to the next, you can use a standard forklift truck.
In Shuttle Racking Systems, pallets are moved within the racks by robot shuttles, a kind of sledge which runs on tracks just underneath the beams that the pallets sit on. An ordinary, manually operated forklift places the shuttle into the rack at the desired height and pallet position, and the load to be put away is placed on the shuttle.
The shuttle can then move itself to a greater extent into the rack to the desired position, where it drops off the pallet and returns to the end of the rack, to be moved elsewhere. This system of operation means that shuttle racking allows for very high storage density.
Like with other heavy storage systems, shuttle racking can decrease selectivity – in other words, it can mean it takes longer to get the pallet you want, especially if it’s in the centre of a densely packed rack surrounded by other pallets. However, since the robotic shuttle takes care of placing the pallet, handling times for the manual trucks are reduced, meaning better operator efficiency.
Shuttle racking is particularly well-suited to:
- Storing a large number of pallets per SKU.
- Either first in, first out (FIFO) or last in, first out (FILO) storage.
- Warehouses with limited human resources.
- Ensuring efficient retrieval times, as the FLT travel distance is reduced.
The advantages of shuttle racking include:
- Ease of use: there is no learning curve for the operators.
- Saves time and money.
- Reduces risk to operators and potential damage of equipment and inventory.
- High-density storage.
- Flexibility to work in irregular spaces.
- Precise pallet organisation.
- Single and double wide options available
- High performance travel speed
- AC driven technology
- Patented pallet count system
- Pallet shuffle function
- Full two-way communication between Pallet Mole® and controller device
- 4 wheel drive options
- U.L. Certified
- Built-In positioning control
- Electro mechanical, flat deck lifting system
- Magnetic Latching
- Dual spacing system
- Battery low function
- Optional No Bottom Beam design for increased sanitation