Krost Shuttle Racking is a great option for high density storage if you have large volumes of pallets per stock keeping unit (SKU). Lanes of up to 50 pallets in depth can be stored in a First In, First Out (FIFO) and First In, Last Out (FILO) configuration.
The remote-controlled shuttles carry goods in and out of deep storage tunnels, leaving your operators free to perform other tasks. When you need to relocate the shuttle from one lane to the next, you can use a standard forklift truck.
Shuttle racking is particularly well-suited to:
- Storing a large number of pallets per SKU.
- Either first in, first out (FIFO) or last in, first out (FILO) storage.
- Warehouses with limited human resources.
- Ensuring efficient retrieval times, as the FLT travel distance is reduced.
The advantages of shuttle racking include:
- Ease of use: there is no learning curve for the operators.
- Saves time and money.
- Reduces risk to operators and potential damage of equipment and inventory.
- High-density storage.
- Flexibility to work in irregular spaces.
- Precise pallet organisation.